VMA Hosting is fully compliant to the Australian Spam Act of 2003 and should only be utilised for authorised business to business e-mail management and permission-based practices. In line with the Australian Spam Act of 2003, the following practices are prohibited:
- Distributing false or misleading information, including but not limited to, false headers, origin of the email sender, inappropriate e-mail subject line and etc.
- Omitting information about the individual or organisation who authorised the distribution of such e-mail/s
- E-mail address harvesting
- Use of rented or purchased 3rdparty links and/or unsolicited use of links that belong to other organisations
- Use of a 3rdparty’s Internet domain name without the consent of the said third party
- Use of VMA Hosting to assist illegal and inappropriate practices, such as the aforementioned activities
- Distributing of mass emails to other businesses, consumers or discussion groups
Visual Marketing Australia and its subsidiary VMA Hosting, have integrated procedures, policies and features to prevent potential spammers from distributing unsolicited emails.
Visual Marketing Australia and VMA Hosting do not utilise any address harvesting software and/or tools, nor addresses that were acquired through such prohibited practices.
Any collection of information from potential subscribers, should include a functional double opt-in feature to verify the consent of that particular subscriber through confirmation emails.
Visual Marketing Australia reserves the right to screen unusual activities using the VMA Hosting. Such activities include but are not limited to excessive use of the system or uploading of contact lists. .Sending email to more than 200 recipients at any one time will cause your account to be restricted and possible termination.
Visual Marketing Australia Pty Ltd and VMA Hosting reserves the right to monitor the user’s use of distributed e-mails and other pertinent data in the occurrence of a spam complaint. By such event, Visual Marketing Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to request and verify if the user’s lists and distributed e-mails are 100% permitted. In addition, the user’s account privileges will be put under temporary suspension.
If the user has indeed violated the policies stated herein, the account will be terminated and the appropriate legal actions will be taken.
Visual Marketing Australia Pty Ltd has zero tolerance for spam emailing, which is why means for reporting such practices are available in the website.
If you think that you were sent spam emails using VMA Hosting, please send us your complaint, along with your name, e-mail address and a copy of the complete spam email you received to: abuse (@) visualmarketing.co. We highly encourage you to send other information that you deem necessary for the investigation. Please be informed that Visual Marketing Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right not to investigate spam complaints that were sent anonymously.
The Spam Act can be found here.